Tuesday, 5 March 2013

A Fond Farewell to Fraiche Food

I'll spare the drawn out speeches and violins and cut to the chase. After three years, 59 posts (this being the 60th) and 7685 page views, Fraiche Food will be no more.

It feels sad to pull the plug on a culinary journey which began when I first coupled my love of food and writing together. The journey has seen me through three years of university, through unemployment, through full-time work, and most importantly, through some unforgettable culinary milestones, from researching the history of food through to cooking with Tim Anderson.





But it's not all over. I am now working full-time as a freelance photographer, with bits of writing, web-work and more in between. The good news is that food is still a big part of the agenda – food photography is where I'm headed (in addition to other disciplines), so all foodie posts (including book reviews and recipes) will now be added to my portfolio blog, which will be updated on a weekly basis. So effectively, instead of updating two blogs I'll now be focusing on one and posting twice as regularly.

To kick things off I'll be posting a review of Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries II later this week...


PS – Also, I won't be deleting Fraiche Food, so all articles, reviews, recipes etc. will still be available. Many thanks for your readership, I hope you've enjoyed the ride!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new chapter of your life, your photos look great and I enjoyed this blog while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been away. It's been 3 years??? I started reading your blog when you just started. Now that I am back, happy to hear your new career and new shift of reading to your photography blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanie, I know, time flies, doesn't it? Have you been living in Italy? I'm very jealous if so!

    Thanks, do keep following at jasonwain.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete